Please visit the Digital Learning page on this site for distance-learning assignments while school is out.
You will find assignments, due-dates, contact methods, and forms in the Digital Learning page. For your convenience, we also added this to the main menu of the chorus site.
Beginning March 16th, all chorus students should spend 20-minutes per school day rehearsing your part in spring concert music and logging your practice time on the provided practice log. Students should then spend 10-minutes listening and watching choral music (see list of suggestions on the Digital Learning page) and complete a 2-sentence reflection.
On Monday, March 16th, the Walton Chorus will participate in the GMEA Large Group Performance Evaluation (LGPE). You will find specific details and the agenda for each chorus at the bottom of this page. The schedule for each chorus is different.
The GMEA Choral Evaluations are an important part of our curriculum and are considered to be our end of course test.
The goals of the GMEA Choral Performance Evaluations are:
- To promote through evaluation, advice, and suggestion, the development of musical knowledge as expressed in performance,
- To raise the standards of musicianship, technical knowledge, and literature selection of performers, and
- To offer students and teachers the opportunity of extended listening to the best work of peer groups from other schools.
LGPE Agenda for each chorus:
The photos and videos our students and parent-chaperones took while visiting Paris and Normandy in February, 2020 are available on the Chorus Smugmug site.
Please click here to visit the Paris gallery.
The Walton Chorus 16th 16th Annual Fashion Show and Silent Auction is one week away on Saturday, February 1st. The Silent Auction starts at 6pm and the Fashion Show starts at 7pm.
- Start by buying your raffle tickets from any chorus student.
- Next, sign up to bring refreshments.
- Then, join us at the show on Saturday 2/1 at 6pm. If you still need tickets, you can buy them at the door.
Get all of the details here…
The 16th annual Fashion Show and Silent Auction will be held on Saturday, February 1. We will be raffling some FANTASTIC prizes as well as holding our famous Silent Auction featuring some of the coolest items and themed gift baskets. Doors open at the Walton Theater at 6:00 for the Silent Auction. The Fashion Show starts at 7:00.
Raffle tickets are on sale from Chorus students. You could win!
- Music Midtown tickets
- $1000 Delta gift card (domestic flights)
- $750 Avalon shopping spree
- iPhone 11
- 13.3” MacBook Pro
Online ticket sales ended January 30th, but you can still purchase tickets at the door.
- $10/students (may be asked to show ID)
- $15/general admission
Fashion Show Participants – Click here for the Fashion Show Meeting and Rehearsal Schedule