Thank you to all of the parents who came to the meeting last night, we so appreciate your time and attention! For those of you who were unable to join us, you may view the Power Point Presentation Slides here:
We realize that for returning families we have some things that are different this year, and we are using a lot of new technology! We thank you for your patience as we work through the inevitable glitches this week. Our ultimate goal is to make the process easier for you as well as us!
We would like Â to re-cap and clarify some important information about Membership Fees and Booster Donations.
- The membership form MUST be filled out by every chorus student by Friday, August 4th.
- If you have multiple students in the chorus, you will be able to list them all on the same registration form.
- The Membership FEE must be paid by Friday, August 4th for the student to earn 5 lettering points.
- You may pay for everything at the same time, either with PayPal or by check/cash, including your Booster donation.
- If you want to donate to the Boosters but it is an amount that is not available on the form, Â still complete the registration and pay the student membership and Braves ticket if desired. If you can pay by check, send in the check written for your desired amount with a short explanatory note. If you want to use PayPal, we will have a new form available after Friday that will exclude the Braves tickets component.
- Your Booster donations are tax deductible!
Matching Gifts Companies Information:
Walton Choral Booster Club, Inc
If your company has a Matching Gifts Program, you may or may not be able to make your donation to the Boosters with PayPal:
- Every company is different, so you need to establish with your company the process. Some companies just need a receipt, and will send us their contribution directly. Some use programs like Your Cause and Good Done Great.
- Some companies, like Delta Air Lines and IBM, restrict their donations to education programs, and will not match contributions to arts programs.
- HOWEVER, we WILL be able to receive these education matching gifts IF the donation is made to the school.
- One of our largest expenses is classroom accompanists. It is extremely important for the directors to have them in the classroom daily, as it frees them to focus on the singers.
- If your company has an education-specific matching program, your donation (your part and the company’s part) needs to go to Walton High School, which will then go into our Chorus account, and be used to pay for the accompanists.
If you have trouble with the registration form in any way, please contactÂ Amy Sims
Thank you again for helping us to make this a fantastic chorus year for our singers!