What an awesome way to start the holiday season with an amazing concert from our students.
Next up is our Fashion Show and Silent Auction on January 26, 2019. Students received information about the event on Friday in class. Here are a few key points:
- The deadline for student applications for performing, modeling, backstage crew or working the day of the event is Friday, December 7.
- Students who will be playing spring sports will only be able to volunteer for the day of the show activities. (Please note that rehearsals begin before many tryouts and students may not sign up for the Fashion Show “in case” they don’t make a team.)
- Lettering points will be given for different levels of participation in the show.
- Auditions for those who want to perform will be held after school on Wednesday, January 9.
- Students may also earn lettering points by donating to the Silent Auction.
- All Silent Auction donations are due Friday, January 11.
- Families may donate in three ways – cash donation online, gift card, or pre-approved purchased item.
- We are in search of two additional high-ticket items such as vacation homes, concert tickets or fine dining. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tickets for the show will go on sale after the New Year.
- The Chorus Fashion Show and Silent Auction is a ton of fun!
Need more information? Details about the Fashion Show and Silent Auction can be found HERE.
CLICK HERE for all related FORMS
Check back often as more information will be added as it’s available.
One last note – please mark your calendar for the Tour Choir Parent/Chaperone meeting, Tuesday, December 18, 2018, at 7:00 pm in the Chorus Room.
Walton Chorus Booster Board
Happy Friday Chorus Families!
We are hard at work preparing for our Fall Concert next Tuesday.
Chaperone and get to know the students
We are looking for chaperones for the concert, and we need you. You’ll get to know the students and have a fabulous seat close up. Sign up no later than Sunday, October 7
SIGN UP HERE
Tuesday, October 9 7:30 pm Johnson Ferry Baptist Church Seating begins at 7:15 pm (Please note, rehearsals are not open to guests.)
FOR STUDENTS: Choir logistics in Sanctuary – be in assigned area ready to enter sanctuary 10 minutes prior to your choir’s time:
5:00 pm A Cappella pictures in Memorial Garden at Walton
6:00 pm A Cappella
6:15 pm Select Women’s Ensemble
6:25 pm Camerata Singers
6:35 pm Bel Canto
6:45 pm Women’s Concert Choir
6:55 pm Raider Singers
7:05 pm ALL – Run through Alma/Kiss
7:15 pm Audience Seating
7:30 pm Concert begins
8:45 pm Concert ends
When your choir is not rehearsing, you should be quietly seated in your assigned area of the sanctuary.
Please remember to wear formal concert attire and to leave cell phones in your car or at home.
Uniforms can’t wait
If you do not yet have a uniform for the concert or have any uniform questions, do not delay. Text or email Michelle Dobo right away at 404.429.7355 or your student may not be able to participate.
Walton Chorus Booster Board
Calling all singers who are up to a challenge!
Looking to challenge yourself and become a better singer in the process? Audition for the All-State Chorus. Form and audition fee are due tomorrow, September 14, 2018. CLICK HERE FOR FORM
You can’t go to the concert without a uniform – that fits!
Men: Good News! The tuxedos are scheduled to arrive early next week. Pick up will be at Michelle Dobo’s house, and you will be sent a separate email when everything is ready for you.
* There are still 8 of you who have not picked up your full or partial uniform. If this is you, please contact Michelle Dobo at email@example.com or 404-429-7355 (cell) to arrange to pick up today.
* Try on your dress and shoes ASAP. If something doesn’t fit, we have a limited time to get it exchanged or ordered.
* Hem your dress — nearly all dresses require hemming and you need to allow 7-10 days to have that completed. Your dress should be hemmed to 1 1/2 inches off the floor with the shoes on. Contact Michelle Dobo at the above information if you would like a seamstress recommendation.
What do lollipops and football have in common?
They both happen at Raider Valley on Fridays and need your support. Walton Chorus sells gourmet lollipops at every home game, and we are looking for one parent to help with each of the next four home games — September 21, October 5, October 12 and October 19. The students do most of the work, but we must have a parent present, so if you can come help support Chorus and the Raiders on one of these Friday nights, email Glynis Holihan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Walton Chorus Booster Board
Spirit Wear Deadline — Friday, September 7, 2018, at 3:30 pm
All orders for Chorus spirit wear must be placed online or deposited in the Chorus box by Friday, September 7 at 3:30pm. This will be the only order placed fall semester, so be sure to get a long sleeve T, pajama pants or a hoodie today. Click HERE to order!
All-State Chorus Registration Deadline — September 14, 2018
Students wishing to try out for All-State Chorus must register by September 14. If you have any questions, please see your Chorus Directors. Click HERE for the All-State FORM
Welcome to the 2018-19 School Year! If you attended tonight’s Parent Meeting, thank you!
Here is a handy reference list of everything that needs to be done for chorus this week, with corresponding links.
- Create Walton Chorus CHARMS account (returning students update info)
- Read the HANDBOOK
- Complete the BLANKET FIELD TRIP FORM that your student received in class, sign on the back that you have read the Handbook, and turn in by Tuesday, August 7, 2018
- Check out the CHORUS CALENDAR and make note of all events
- Buy your Braves tickets in the CHARMS ONLINE STORE by 3:30 PM, Tuesday, August 7, 2018
- Visit the BOOSTER PAGE and consider making a tax-deductible donation
- Purchase any formal UNIFORM items in the CHARMS ONLINE STORE by August 18, 2018
- If you are interested in volunteering in any way, please contact email@example.com.