Happy Friday Chorus Families!
We are hard at work preparing for our Fall Concert next Tuesday.
Chaperone and get to know the students
We are looking for chaperones for the concert, and we need you. You’ll get to know the students and have a fabulous seat close up. Sign up no later than Sunday, October 7
SIGN UP HERE
Tuesday, October 9 7:30 pm Johnson Ferry Baptist Church Seating begins at 7:15 pm (Please note, rehearsals are not open to guests.)
FOR STUDENTS: Choir logistics in Sanctuary – be in assigned area ready to enter sanctuary 10 minutes prior to your choir’s time:
5:00 pm A Cappella pictures in Memorial Garden at Walton
6:00 pm A Cappella
6:15 pm Select Women’s Ensemble
6:25 pm Camerata Singers
6:35 pm Bel Canto
6:45 pm Women’s Concert Choir
6:55 pm Raider Singers
7:05 pm ALL – Run through Alma/Kiss
7:15 pm Audience Seating
7:30 pm Concert begins
8:45 pm Concert ends
When your choir is not rehearsing, you should be quietly seated in your assigned area of the sanctuary.
Please remember to wear formal concert attire and to leave cell phones in your car or at home.
Uniforms can’t wait
If you do not yet have a uniform for the concert or have any uniform questions, do not delay. Text or email Michelle Dobo right away at 404.429.7355 or your student may not be able to participate.
Walton Chorus Booster Board
Calling all singers who are up to a challenge!
Looking to challenge yourself and become a better singer in the process? Audition for the All-State Chorus. Form and audition fee are due tomorrow, September 14, 2018. CLICK HERE FOR FORM
You can’t go to the concert without a uniform – that fits!
Men: Good News! The tuxedos are scheduled to arrive early next week. Pick up will be at Michelle Dobo’s house, and you will be sent a separate email when everything is ready for you.
* There are still 8 of you who have not picked up your full or partial uniform. If this is you, please contact Michelle Dobo at firstname.lastname@example.org or 404-429-7355 (cell) to arrange to pick up today.
* Try on your dress and shoes ASAP. If something doesn’t fit, we have a limited time to get it exchanged or ordered.
* Hem your dress — nearly all dresses require hemming and you need to allow 7-10 days to have that completed. Your dress should be hemmed to 1 1/2 inches off the floor with the shoes on. Contact Michelle Dobo at the above information if you would like a seamstress recommendation.
What do lollipops and football have in common?
They both happen at Raider Valley on Fridays and need your support. Walton Chorus sells gourmet lollipops at every home game, and we are looking for one parent to help with each of the next four home games — September 21, October 5, October 12 and October 19. The students do most of the work, but we must have a parent present, so if you can come help support Chorus and the Raiders on one of these Friday nights, email Glynis Holihan at email@example.com.
Walton Chorus Booster Board
Spirit Wear Deadline — Friday, September 7, 2018, at 3:30 pm
All orders for Chorus spirit wear must be placed online or deposited in the Chorus box by Friday, September 7 at 3:30pm. This will be the only order placed fall semester, so be sure to get a long sleeve T, pajama pants or a hoodie today. Click HERE to order!
All-State Chorus Registration Deadline — September 14, 2018
Students wishing to try out for All-State Chorus must register by September 14. If you have any questions, please see your Chorus Directors. Click HERE for the All-State FORM
Welcome to the 2018-19 School Year! If you attended tonight’s Parent Meeting, thank you!
Here is a handy reference list of everything that needs to be done for chorus this week, with corresponding links.
- Create Walton Chorus CHARMS account (returning students update info)
- Read the HANDBOOK
- Complete the BLANKET FIELD TRIP FORM that your student received in class, sign on the back that you have read the Handbook, and turn in by Tuesday, August 7, 2018
- Check out the CHORUS CALENDAR and make note of all events
- Buy your Braves tickets in the CHARMS ONLINE STORE by 3:30 PM, Tuesday, August 7, 2018
- Visit the BOOSTER PAGE and consider making a tax-deductible donation
- Purchase any formal UNIFORM items in the CHARMS ONLINE STORE by August 18, 2018
- If you are interested in volunteering in any way, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
It’s time to purchase your tickets for the Braves game! All chorus students are invited to attend the game on Thursday, August 16, 2018. We highly encourage our 9th-grade students to come and get to know the Walton Chorus family. Tenth through twelfth-grade chorus members will sing the National Anthem. Family members are also welcome to purchase tickets. We will send your tickets home with your student.
Singers will meet at 4:30pm to rehearse. They must wear this year’s chorus t-shirt, shorts, and tennis shoes. We will load buses at 5pm. Bring money for supper. Please pick up your student at Walton promptly at 9:45pm.
Tickets are $17 and can be purchased on CHARMS in our “Online Store” icon:
GO TO CHARMS
Deadline to purchase tickets is Tuesday, August 7, 2018, at 3:30pm.