A big thank you to our students and parents for so generously supporting kids in Rurii, Kenya. We filled four boxes of clothing, school supplies, toys, and books. You also donated the funds to ship them to Kenya! Because of your efforts, hundreds of children and teenagers will be able to learn.
We are always proud of our students as musicians and as leaders, and we are especially proud to see them growing into young people who will change the world for the better.
Mr. Karuga was so moved by your generosity. Following is a video of Mr. Karuga thanking the students.
Dr. Williams and Mrs. Allyn
Walton Chorus Spirit Wear Extended Through September 15th!
We have extended our sale of Walton Chorus Spirit Wear for an additional week. The store will remain open until Sunday, September 15 at midnight. Be sure to order your hoodies, long sleeve t-shirts and pajama pants today!
Click here to order!
Mark Your Calendars
Walton Chorus will kick off the year with a Parents Meeting on Tuesday, August 6 at 7pm. All parents are invited and encouraged to attend this informative session. The Parents Meeting will be in the Walton Dining Hall (the new Theater is not quite ready yet).
Next up, we’ll be headed to the Braves Game on Wednesday, August 21 for our students to sing the National Anthem. Click here for more details and ticket information.
What an awesome way to start the holiday season with an amazing concert from our students.
Next up is our Fashion Show and Silent Auction on January 26, 2019. Students received information about the event on Friday in class. Here are a few key points:
- The deadline for student applications for performing, modeling, backstage crew or working the day of the event is Friday, December 7.
- Students who will be playing spring sports will only be able to volunteer for the day of the show activities. (Please note that rehearsals begin before many tryouts and students may not sign up for the Fashion Show “in case” they don’t make a team.)
- Lettering points will be given for different levels of participation in the show.
- Auditions for those who want to perform will be held after school on Wednesday, January 9.
- Students may also earn lettering points by donating to the Silent Auction.
- All Silent Auction donations are due Friday, January 11.
- Families may donate in three ways – cash donation online, gift card, or pre-approved purchased item.
- We are in search of two additional high-ticket items such as vacation homes, concert tickets or fine dining. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tickets for the show will go on sale after the New Year.
- The Chorus Fashion Show and Silent Auction is a ton of fun!
Need more information? Details about the Fashion Show and Silent Auction can be found HERE.
CLICK HERE for all related FORMS
Check back often as more information will be added as it’s available.
One last note – please mark your calendar for the Tour Choir Parent/Chaperone meeting, Tuesday, December 18, 2018, at 7:00 pm in the Chorus Room.
Walton Chorus Booster Board
Happy Friday Chorus Families!
We are hard at work preparing for our Fall Concert next Tuesday.
Chaperone and get to know the students
We are looking for chaperones for the concert, and we need you. You’ll get to know the students and have a fabulous seat close up. Sign up no later than Sunday, October 7
SIGN UP HERE
Tuesday, October 9 7:30 pm Johnson Ferry Baptist Church Seating begins at 7:15 pm (Please note, rehearsals are not open to guests.)
FOR STUDENTS: Choir logistics in Sanctuary – be in assigned area ready to enter sanctuary 10 minutes prior to your choir’s time:
5:00 pm A Cappella pictures in Memorial Garden at Walton
6:00 pm A Cappella
6:15 pm Select Women’s Ensemble
6:25 pm Camerata Singers
6:35 pm Bel Canto
6:45 pm Women’s Concert Choir
6:55 pm Raider Singers
7:05 pm ALL – Run through Alma/Kiss
7:15 pm Audience Seating
7:30 pm Concert begins
8:45 pm Concert ends
When your choir is not rehearsing, you should be quietly seated in your assigned area of the sanctuary.
Please remember to wear formal concert attire and to leave cell phones in your car or at home.
Uniforms can’t wait
If you do not yet have a uniform for the concert or have any uniform questions, do not delay. Text or email Michelle Dobo right away at 404.429.7355 or your student may not be able to participate.
Walton Chorus Booster Board